WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE OF THE RESEARCH COMMITTEE ON POLITICAL SOCIOLOGY (CPS)
Founded in 1960 by Seymour Martin Lipset and Stein Rokkan, the CPS comprises both political scientists and sociologists. It represents them as IPSA (International Political Science Association) Research Committee 06 and ISA (International Sociological Association) Research Committee 18.
The board elected for the period 2014-2018 can be viewed here.
Past boards can be viewed here.
Letters from the Former and Current Chair
after eight years of chairmanship I leave the
charge to Laurence Morel, elected by the new CPS
board as chairperson (continue reading).
Dear CPS members,
it’s a great pleasure and honor to take over from
Piero Ignazi at the head of the Committee of
Political Sociology (continue reading).
- Call for Panels: Next IPSA World Congress in Istanbul (detail)
- Call for Papers: Sessions at the Next ISA Forum of Sociology in Vienna (detail)
- Call for Papers on Personalization and Politics (detail)
- 25th PhD Summer School on Political Parties and Democracy (detail)
- Berlin Summer School in Social Sciences (detail)